* Many piano studios in Northern Virginia refuse to teach students as young as four years old. MEA Piano studio is one of the exceptions.
** Parents of students younger than four are more than welcome to contact the studio to discuss ways to prepare their child for lessons.
The Preschool Piano Student
The studio offers a well-developed and well-paced program especially for younger students. The curriculum includes:
- Pre-staff learning to help develop note reading skills
- Creative activities such as music composition and improvisation.
- Yearly evaluations to help measure the student’s progress– when the student is ready.
- Depends entirely on the student. Most beginners take thirty minute lessons, though in some cases 15 minute lessons are recommended. As the student progresses lessons are gradually extended to 45 minute and then 60 minute lessons.
- Lesson length will not change until the student is ready for longer lessons.
- All lessons have a relaxed, fun atmosphere.
- Alexandria, Virginia – just minutes from the Springfield Mall
Requirements for Acceptance to the Studio
Students accepted to the studio must:
- Know and recognize the letters of the alphabet.
- Be able to count to five.
- Be able to distinguish (for the most part!) right and left.
- Lessons before 3:00pm receive a 20% discount, Monday through Thursday.
Please email or call the studio to schedule a no cost trial piano lesson.
- Phone: 703-229-1708
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org